A South Carolina restaurant is defending employee uniforms that mock illegal immigrants. Servers at Taco Cid wear T-shirts that depict an animal trap baited with tacos, beneath the slogan, "How to Catch an Illegal Immigrant." The restaurant said the slogan was "a witty and comical statement regarding ILLEGAL immigrants," and not aimed at "any specific ethnic group."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week