A South Carolina restaurant is defending employee uniforms that mock illegal immigrants. Servers at Taco Cid wear T-shirts that depict an animal trap baited with tacos, beneath the slogan, "How to Catch an Illegal Immigrant." The restaurant said the slogan was "a witty and comical statement regarding ILLEGAL immigrants," and not aimed at "any specific ethnic group."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week