A South Carolina restaurant is defending employee uniforms that mock illegal immigrants. Servers at Taco Cid wear T-shirts that depict an animal trap baited with tacos, beneath the slogan, "How to Catch an Illegal Immigrant." The restaurant said the slogan was "a witty and comical statement regarding ILLEGAL immigrants," and not aimed at "any specific ethnic group."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week