When a 19-year-old South Carolina man allegedly darted from a convenience store with arms full of stolen snacks, beer, energy drinks, and cigarettes, he made the grave mistake of hauling more than he could carry, and he accidentally burst open a bag of Cheetos, leaving a trail of the neon-orange snacks behind. When the police searched a nearby neighborhood for a car they saw on a security video, they were tipped off to the suspect's whereabouts thanks to a pile of Cheetos on his porch. Austin Lee Wesfall Presler was arrested on charges of second-degree burglary and was later released on a $15,000 bond.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week