When a 19-year-old South Carolina man allegedly darted from a convenience store with arms full of stolen snacks, beer, energy drinks, and cigarettes, he made the grave mistake of hauling more than he could carry, and he accidentally burst open a bag of Cheetos, leaving a trail of the neon-orange snacks behind. When the police searched a nearby neighborhood for a car they saw on a security video, they were tipped off to the suspect's whereabouts thanks to a pile of Cheetos on his porch. Austin Lee Wesfall Presler was arrested on charges of second-degree burglary and was later released on a $15,000 bond.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week