pproximately 5,800 Seattle-ites made their mark in the Guinness World Record book by participating in the world's largest snowball fight. More than 162,000 pounds of snow was hauled in for the event, which was also a fundraiser to support the Boys and Girls Clubs of King County. Ticket sales brought in about $150,000. The northwestern city squashed the previous record, set in 2010, of nearly 5,400 snowball hurlers in South Korea. Seattle's epic victory, though, didn't come without a few welts and bloody noses.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week