Verizon claims to have caught an employee — "Bob" — outsourcing his daily coding duties to China so he could spend his time browsing Reddit, watching cat videos, and surfing eBay. Bob's bosses were tipped off when VPN logs showed Bob's log-in details being input from Shenyang, China. Apparently, Bob — who regularly received "excellent" performance reviews — pulled this scam on multiple companies at the same time. He was reportedly raking in a couple hundred thousand dollars annually. PDF invoices discovered on his computer reportedly show that he paid the Chinese firm $50,000 a year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week