It may seem to make little sense that "people are clamoring" to purchase a luxury safe for jewels and watches that's designed to be toted about with a thin carrying strap. But because "there are very few ways of securely traveling with small valuables," the customizable Guardian travel safe ($13,200) from Döttling of Germany actually makes some sense. Its handcrafted leather or crocodile skin wraps a cylinder of carbon fiber and polycarbonate that's lightweight and extremely resistant to tampering. That flimsy strap needn't be a worry: Each case also comes with a GPS tracker. Source: Forbes
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week