It may seem to make little sense that "people are clamoring" to purchase a luxury safe for jewels and watches that's designed to be toted about with a thin carrying strap. But because "there are very few ways of securely traveling with small valuables," the customizable Guardian travel safe ($13,200) from Döttling of Germany actually makes some sense. Its handcrafted leather or crocodile skin wraps a cylinder of carbon fiber and polycarbonate that's lightweight and extremely resistant to tampering. That flimsy strap needn't be a worry: Each case also comes with a GPS tracker. Source: Forbes
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week