It may seem to make little sense that "people are clamoring" to purchase a luxury safe for jewels and watches that's designed to be toted about with a thin carrying strap. But because "there are very few ways of securely traveling with small valuables," the customizable Guardian travel safe ($13,200) from Döttling of Germany actually makes some sense. Its handcrafted leather or crocodile skin wraps a cylinder of carbon fiber and polycarbonate that's lightweight and extremely resistant to tampering. That flimsy strap needn't be a worry: Each case also comes with a GPS tracker. Source: Forbes
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week