It may seem to make little sense that "people are clamoring" to purchase a luxury safe for jewels and watches that's designed to be toted about with a thin carrying strap. But because "there are very few ways of securely traveling with small valuables," the customizable Guardian travel safe ($13,200) from Döttling of Germany actually makes some sense. Its handcrafted leather or crocodile skin wraps a cylinder of carbon fiber and polycarbonate that's lightweight and extremely resistant to tampering. That flimsy strap needn't be a worry: Each case also comes with a GPS tracker. Source: Forbes
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week