The owner of the "I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar" in Vernal, Utah, is charging customers who say they're liberals an extra dollar for every purchase. George Burnett says his goal is to spread the word about America's looming fiscal crisis, for which he feels liberals are mostly responsible. "So to kind of help make that point,'' he said, "I charge them just a little bit more."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- How to develop and defend smart opinions
Subscribe to the Week