he owner of the "I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar" in Vernal, Utah, is charging customers who say they're liberals an extra dollar for every purchase. George Burnett says his goal is to spread the word about America's looming fiscal crisis, for which he feels liberals are mostly responsible. "So to kind of help make that point,'' he said, "I charge them just a little bit more."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How to flirt, according to science
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week