The owner of the "I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar" in Vernal, Utah, is charging customers who say they're liberals an extra dollar for every purchase. George Burnett says his goal is to spread the word about America's looming fiscal crisis, for which he feels liberals are mostly responsible. "So to kind of help make that point,'' he said, "I charge them just a little bit more."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week