The owner of the "I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar" in Vernal, Utah, is charging customers who say they're liberals an extra dollar for every purchase. George Burnett says his goal is to spread the word about America's looming fiscal crisis, for which he feels liberals are mostly responsible. "So to kind of help make that point,'' he said, "I charge them just a little bit more."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week