A stretch of highway in Exeter Township, Pa., was closed for nearly five hours during the morning commute after hundreds of gallons of soda spilled from a truck and instantly froze on the roadway. "Everyone knows soda can be bad for your teeth," said The Associated Press. But who knew it could threaten your morning commute, too?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week