A stretch of highway in Exeter Township, Pa., was closed for nearly five hours during the morning commute after hundreds of gallons of soda spilled from a truck and instantly froze on the roadway. "Everyone knows soda can be bad for your teeth," said The Associated Press. But who knew it could threaten your morning commute, too?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The next pandemic
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week