A stretch of highway in Exeter Township, Pa., was closed for nearly five hours during the morning commute after hundreds of gallons of soda spilled from a truck and instantly froze on the roadway. "Everyone knows soda can be bad for your teeth," said The Associated Press. But who knew it could threaten your morning commute, too?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week