Faced with playing four games in five days in November, the coach of the NBA's San Antonio Spurs decided to have his best players sit out one game against the Miami Heat. Lawyer Larry McGuinness, who attended that game, is now suing the Spurs for damages. "It was like going to Morton's Steakhouse and paying $63 for porterhouse and they bring out cube steak," said McGuinness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
Subscribe to the Week