Faced with playing four games in five days in November, the coach of the NBA's San Antonio Spurs decided to have his best players sit out one game against the Miami Heat. Lawyer Larry McGuinness, who attended that game, is now suing the Spurs for damages. "It was like going to Morton's Steakhouse and paying $63 for porterhouse and they bring out cube steak," said McGuinness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week