Faced with playing four games in five days in November, the coach of the NBA's San Antonio Spurs decided to have his best players sit out one game against the Miami Heat. Lawyer Larry McGuinness, who attended that game, is now suing the Spurs for damages. "It was like going to Morton's Steakhouse and paying $63 for porterhouse and they bring out cube steak," said McGuinness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week