A New Jersey dog-training school is offering classes in dog yoga, or "doga." As sitar music plays, dogs sit quietly while their owners do yoga over them and beside them, and then the owners stretch their pets' limbs into relaxing poses. Instructor Karin Stoetzer says most dogs like the classes because "they feel the calming energy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week