Two men in Doraville, Ga., were arrested and charged with theft after they allegedly stole $65,000 worth of Tyson frozen chicken wings from a cold storage facility where they worked. Chicken prices are on the rise, notes Chris Morran at The Consumerist, so perhaps the men were "hoping to cash in if the hometown team made the Super Bowl." Sadly, police have yet to locate the missing wings.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week