When longtime Burger King patron David Kime Jr. of Pennsylvania passed away at the age of 88, the mourners in his funeral procession wanted him to have it his way — so they passed by the local Burger King drive-thru window for one final bite on the way to the cemetery. Kime was laid to rest with his final meal, a Whopper Jr., placed atop his casket.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week