When longtime Burger King patron David Kime Jr. of Pennsylvania passed away at the age of 88, the mourners in his funeral procession wanted him to have it his way — so they passed by the local Burger King drive-thru window for one final bite on the way to the cemetery. Kime was laid to rest with his final meal, a Whopper Jr., placed atop his casket.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week