When longtime Burger King patron David Kime Jr. of Pennsylvania passed away at the age of 88, the mourners in his funeral procession wanted him to have it his way — so they passed by the local Burger King drive-thru window for one final bite on the way to the cemetery. Kime was laid to rest with his final meal, a Whopper Jr., placed atop his casket.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
Subscribe to the Week