Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara has once again proved that he's king of the waves — this time by breaking his own record for the largest wave ever surfed. McNamara reportedly caught a monstrous wave roughly 100 feet tall off the coast of Nazare, Portugal — the same area where he caught his previous record-breaking swell in 2011 (pictured).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week