Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara has once again proved that he's king of the waves — this time by breaking his own record for the largest wave ever surfed. McNamara reportedly caught a monstrous wave roughly 100 feet tall off the coast of Nazare, Portugal — the same area where he caught his previous record-breaking swell in 2011 (pictured).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week