Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara has once again proved that he's king of the waves — this time by breaking his own record for the largest wave ever surfed. McNamara reportedly caught a monstrous wave roughly 100 feet tall off the coast of Nazare, Portugal — the same area where he caught his previous record-breaking swell in 2011 (pictured).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week