Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara has once again proved that he's king of the waves — this time by breaking his own record for the largest wave ever surfed. McNamara reportedly caught a monstrous wave roughly 100 feet tall off the coast of Nazare, Portugal — the same area where he caught his previous record-breaking swell in 2011 (pictured).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week