A judge has ordered an Ohio man to stop having children. Asim Taylor, 35, owes the mothers of his four children $96,000 in child support. Judge James Walther sentenced Taylor to five years of probation, during which time he is to "avoid impregnating a woman." Taylor's lawyer said that the court is infringing on his client's constitutional rights by "stepping into his bedroom."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week