Veganism may count as a religion, a federal court has ruled. Sakile Chenzira, a strict vegan, was fired from her job at a Cincinnati hospital because she refused a flu shot that's produced using chicken eggs. A court ruled that her discrimination lawsuit may proceed, since her veganism has "a sincerity equating that of traditional religious views."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week