Veganism may count as a religion, a federal court has ruled. Sakile Chenzira, a strict vegan, was fired from her job at a Cincinnati hospital because she refused a flu shot that's produced using chicken eggs. A court ruled that her discrimination lawsuit may proceed, since her veganism has "a sincerity equating that of traditional religious views."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
Subscribe to the Week