Cost to the average American commuter, in wasted fuel and time, of sitting in traffic in 2011
Extra hours that commuters spend on the road each year due to traffic
Extra pounds of carbon dioxide released into the air each year as a result of idling in traffic
Source: The Associated Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week