Cost to the average American commuter, in wasted fuel and time, of sitting in traffic in 2011
Extra hours that commuters spend on the road each year due to traffic
Extra pounds of carbon dioxide released into the air each year as a result of idling in traffic
Source: The Associated Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The mysterious origins of the Jersey Devil
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week