hen a lesbian couple in Oregon attempted to order a wedding cake from Sweet Cakes Bakery, they were denied service by the shop's owner, who said their union wasn't in "accordance with his religious beliefs." The couple's story got some press, and ended up attracting the attention of celebrity chef and Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman, who offered via Twitter to bake them a tricked-out cake free of charge. "I saw this story and I was like, 'Wait — I can do something, there's injustice involving a cake!'" Goldman told HuffPost Live.
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
Subscribe to the Week