When a lesbian couple in Oregon attempted to order a wedding cake from Sweet Cakes Bakery, they were denied service by the shop's owner, who said their union wasn't in "accordance with his religious beliefs." The couple's story got some press, and ended up attracting the attention of celebrity chef and Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman, who offered via Twitter to bake them a tricked-out cake free of charge. "I saw this story and I was like, 'Wait — I can do something, there's injustice involving a cake!'" Goldman told HuffPost Live.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week