In a world of "crazy fashion gimmicks," Wrangler's new Smooth Legs jeans ($149) are redefining crazy. Made of denim that contains retinol, caffeine, and algae, they're supposed to fight cellulite as you wear them. Wrangler cites a study in which 69 percent of wearers claimed that their thighs looked better after several weeks in the jeans, but that's not proof. A better bet might be the brand's new aloe vera and olive extract jeans, which are said to release moisturizers through about six washes. Making it easier to slide into skinny jeans — not a bad idea! Source: Glamour
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How The Killing survived two cancelations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week