In a world of "crazy fashion gimmicks," Wrangler's new Smooth Legs jeans ($149) are redefining crazy. Made of denim that contains retinol, caffeine, and algae, they're supposed to fight cellulite as you wear them. Wrangler cites a study in which 69 percent of wearers claimed that their thighs looked better after several weeks in the jeans, but that's not proof. A better bet might be the brand's new aloe vera and olive extract jeans, which are said to release moisturizers through about six washes. Making it easier to slide into skinny jeans — not a bad idea! Source: Glamour
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week