New Jersey Catholic high school has asked female students, but not the boys, to take a no-cursing pledge. Teacher Lori Flynn explained that the school simply wants "ladies to act like ladies." She noted that the boys have been told to refrain from bad language around girls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
Subscribe to the Week