A New Jersey Catholic high school has asked female students, but not the boys, to take a no-cursing pledge. Teacher Lori Flynn explained that the school simply wants "ladies to act like ladies." She noted that the boys have been told to refrain from bad language around girls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
Subscribe to the Week