A New Jersey Catholic high school has asked female students, but not the boys, to take a no-cursing pledge. Teacher Lori Flynn explained that the school simply wants "ladies to act like ladies." She noted that the boys have been told to refrain from bad language around girls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
Subscribe to the Week