A New Jersey Catholic high school has asked female students, but not the boys, to take a no-cursing pledge. Teacher Lori Flynn explained that the school simply wants "ladies to act like ladies." She noted that the boys have been told to refrain from bad language around girls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week