A New Jersey Catholic high school has asked female students, but not the boys, to take a no-cursing pledge. Teacher Lori Flynn explained that the school simply wants "ladies to act like ladies." She noted that the boys have been told to refrain from bad language around girls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week