New Jersey Catholic high school has asked female students, but not the boys, to take a no-cursing pledge. Teacher Lori Flynn explained that the school simply wants "ladies to act like ladies." She noted that the boys have been told to refrain from bad language around girls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week