A New Jersey Catholic high school has asked female students, but not the boys, to take a no-cursing pledge. Teacher Lori Flynn explained that the school simply wants "ladies to act like ladies." She noted that the boys have been told to refrain from bad language around girls.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week