What could possibly say "I love you" better than a firearm? As part of a Valentine's Day promotion, North Carolina jeweler Chris Snowden is giving customers who spend more than $1,500 at his store a $300 voucher for a gun at a nearby arms store. "It's purely business," Snowden said. "I just want people to come in and get things that they want."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week