hat could possibly say "I love you" better than a firearm? As part of a Valentine's Day promotion, North Carolina jeweler Chris Snowden is giving customers who spend more than $1,500 at his store a $300 voucher for a gun at a nearby arms store. "It's purely business," Snowden said. "I just want people to come in and get things that they want."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
Subscribe to the Week