What could possibly say "I love you" better than a firearm? As part of a Valentine's Day promotion, North Carolina jeweler Chris Snowden is giving customers who spend more than $1,500 at his store a $300 voucher for a gun at a nearby arms store. "It's purely business," Snowden said. "I just want people to come in and get things that they want."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week