Don't fear flying
The miniscule odds of dying in a plane crash — and more in our collection of surprising facts and figures
Years since the U.S. has had a fatal commercial jetliner crash, a new record
Worldwide commercial airline fatalities in 2012
1 in 45 million
The chance you have of dying in a plane crash
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week