Don't fear flying
The miniscule odds of dying in a plane crash — and more in our collection of surprising facts and figures
Years since the U.S. has had a fatal commercial jetliner crash, a new record
Worldwide commercial airline fatalities in 2012
1 in 45 million
The chance you have of dying in a plane crash
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week