Vertu may not be a household name, but as a super-high-end purveyor of fine luxury, it's not supposed to be. Case in point: The British phone-maker's new Vertu Ti, which comes bundled with a handcrafted titanium case, Bang & Olufsen speakers, and a sapphire crystal display that can only be scratched by a diamond. Unfortunately, the phone runs Android 4.0 (which came out in 2011) and isn't 4G-enabled. But it comes with a "concierge" button for personalized service — no matter where you are in the world. All yours for $10,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week