Vertu may not be a household name, but as a super-high-end purveyor of fine luxury, it's not supposed to be. Case in point: The British phone-maker's new Vertu Ti, which comes bundled with a handcrafted titanium case, Bang & Olufsen speakers, and a sapphire crystal display that can only be scratched by a diamond. Unfortunately, the phone runs Android 4.0 (which came out in 2011) and isn't 4G-enabled. But it comes with a "concierge" button for personalized service — no matter where you are in the world. All yours for $10,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week