Vertu may not be a household name, but as a super-high-end purveyor of fine luxury, it's not supposed to be. Case in point: The British phone-maker's new Vertu Ti, which comes bundled with a handcrafted titanium case, Bang & Olufsen speakers, and a sapphire crystal display that can only be scratched by a diamond. Unfortunately, the phone runs Android 4.0 (which came out in 2011) and isn't 4G-enabled. But it comes with a "concierge" button for personalized service — no matter where you are in the world. All yours for $10,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week