Vertu may not be a household name, but as a super-high-end purveyor of fine luxury, it's not supposed to be. Case in point: The British phone-maker's new Vertu Ti, which comes bundled with a handcrafted titanium case, Bang & Olufsen speakers, and a sapphire crystal display that can only be scratched by a diamond. Unfortunately, the phone runs Android 4.0 (which came out in 2011) and isn't 4G-enabled. But it comes with a "concierge" button for personalized service — no matter where you are in the world. All yours for $10,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week