Vertu may not be a household name, but as a super-high-end purveyor of fine luxury, it's not supposed to be. Case in point: The British phone-maker's new Vertu Ti, which comes bundled with a handcrafted titanium case, Bang & Olufsen speakers, and a sapphire crystal display that can only be scratched by a diamond. Unfortunately, the phone runs Android 4.0 (which came out in 2011) and isn't 4G-enabled. But it comes with a "concierge" button for personalized service — no matter where you are in the world. All yours for $10,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week