Wonton Food, the world's largest fortune-cookie manufacturer, is removing romantic messages from its cookies after complaints from parents. Fortunes such as "One who admires you greatly is hidden before your eyes," will henceforth be replaced with less steamy sentiments such as, "You make every day special." The New York company said it would make sure its fortunes "don't upset a single person."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week