Wonton Food, the world's largest fortune-cookie manufacturer, is removing romantic messages from its cookies after complaints from parents. Fortunes such as "One who admires you greatly is hidden before your eyes," will henceforth be replaced with less steamy sentiments such as, "You make every day special." The New York company said it would make sure its fortunes "don't upset a single person."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week