A former student is suing Pennsylvania's Lehigh University, claiming that a C+ grade cost her $1.3 million in salary. Megan Thode alleges a professor gave her the low grade over non-academic disputes, ruining her chance to become a state-certified addiction counselor with better pay. "She's literally lost a career," said Thode's lawyer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
Subscribe to the Week