A former student is suing Pennsylvania's Lehigh University, claiming that a C+ grade cost her $1.3 million in salary. Megan Thode alleges a professor gave her the low grade over non-academic disputes, ruining her chance to become a state-certified addiction counselor with better pay. "She's literally lost a career," said Thode's lawyer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week