Press a single button on the Origami ($850) and this "sleek and stylish" stroller uses battery power to rise from a crouch to full attention. Once you load a toddler in, a built-in weight sensor will keep the pram from folding prematurely even if you hit the fold button by accident. Generators in the wheels supply juice that also powers undercarriage pathway lights and a dashboard with its own odometer, speedometer, and thermometer. If you purchase a $40 add-on, the stroller will even charge your cellphone. Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week