Press a single button on the Origami ($850) and this "sleek and stylish" stroller uses battery power to rise from a crouch to full attention. Once you load a toddler in, a built-in weight sensor will keep the pram from folding prematurely even if you hit the fold button by accident. Generators in the wheels supply juice that also powers undercarriage pathway lights and a dashboard with its own odometer, speedometer, and thermometer. If you purchase a $40 add-on, the stroller will even charge your cellphone. Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week