Press a single button on the Origami ($850) and this "sleek and stylish" stroller uses battery power to rise from a crouch to full attention. Once you load a toddler in, a built-in weight sensor will keep the pram from folding prematurely even if you hit the fold button by accident. Generators in the wheels supply juice that also powers undercarriage pathway lights and a dashboard with its own odometer, speedometer, and thermometer. If you purchase a $40 add-on, the stroller will even charge your cellphone. Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week