Press a single button on the Origami ($850) and this "sleek and stylish" stroller uses battery power to rise from a crouch to full attention. Once you load a toddler in, a built-in weight sensor will keep the pram from folding prematurely even if you hit the fold button by accident. Generators in the wheels supply juice that also powers undercarriage pathway lights and a dashboard with its own odometer, speedometer, and thermometer. If you purchase a $40 add-on, the stroller will even charge your cellphone. Source: Mashable
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week