lipper the kitten was born with a twisted spine, leaving her hind legs so badly crooked that she could only drag them behind her. She was slated to be put down until a group of high school students learned about her disability. The Blitz Robotic Club of Conifer High School, Colo., designed an ingenious wheeled harness to help Flipper walk. Against all odds, the kitten is on the mend — and no longer at risk of termination. "There's been significant improvement," said veterinarian H.C. Gurney. "And that supposedly doesn't happen."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- The odds are 11 million to 1 that you'll die in a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week