During Mardi Gras, an Idaho bar gave away a $3,000 voucher for breast augmentation surgery. "It's the best door prize we feel we could give away on this holiday," the bar's owner wrote on Facebook. The lucky winner? Andy Thompson, a 37-year-old man, who wasn't even going to go out that night. Now, the recently divorced Boise man finds himself at a crossroads. "I was thinking about going with a C cup," he joked, "but I think a small A is good for me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
Subscribe to the Week