During Mardi Gras, an Idaho bar gave away a $3,000 voucher for breast augmentation surgery. "It's the best door prize we feel we could give away on this holiday," the bar's owner wrote on Facebook. The lucky winner? Andy Thompson, a 37-year-old man, who wasn't even going to go out that night. Now, the recently divorced Boise man finds himself at a crossroads. "I was thinking about going with a C cup," he joked, "but I think a small A is good for me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
Subscribe to the Week