During Mardi Gras, an Idaho bar gave away a $3,000 voucher for breast augmentation surgery. "It's the best door prize we feel we could give away on this holiday," the bar's owner wrote on Facebook. The lucky winner? Andy Thompson, a 37-year-old man, who wasn't even going to go out that night. Now, the recently divorced Boise man finds himself at a crossroads. "I was thinking about going with a C cup," he joked, "but I think a small A is good for me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- Wait a minute, Mr. Postman: Why postal banking won't work
Subscribe to the Week