During Mardi Gras, an Idaho bar gave away a $3,000 voucher for breast augmentation surgery. "It's the best door prize we feel we could give away on this holiday," the bar's owner wrote on Facebook. The lucky winner? Andy Thompson, a 37-year-old man, who wasn't even going to go out that night. Now, the recently divorced Boise man finds himself at a crossroads. "I was thinking about going with a C cup," he joked, "but I think a small A is good for me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week