A Missouri lawmaker wants to make it a crime for any fellow representative to introduce gun-control legislation. Republican state Rep. Mike Leara's bill would make it a felony to propose any law that would "further restrict the right of an individual to bear arms." Leara concedes his bill won't pass, but says it's "a matter of principle."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week