A Missouri lawmaker wants to make it a crime for any fellow representative to introduce gun-control legislation. Republican state Rep. Mike Leara's bill would make it a felony to propose any law that would "further restrict the right of an individual to bear arms." Leara concedes his bill won't pass, but says it's "a matter of principle."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week