Missouri lawmaker wants to make it a crime for any fellow representative to introduce gun-control legislation. Republican state Rep. Mike Leara's bill would make it a felony to propose any law that would "further restrict the right of an individual to bear arms." Leara concedes his bill won't pass, but says it's "a matter of principle."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week