A Missouri lawmaker wants to make it a crime for any fellow representative to introduce gun-control legislation. Republican state Rep. Mike Leara's bill would make it a felony to propose any law that would "further restrict the right of an individual to bear arms." Leara concedes his bill won't pass, but says it's "a matter of principle."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week