A Missouri lawmaker wants to make it a crime for any fellow representative to introduce gun-control legislation. Republican state Rep. Mike Leara's bill would make it a felony to propose any law that would "further restrict the right of an individual to bear arms." Leara concedes his bill won't pass, but says it's "a matter of principle."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week