A Missouri lawmaker wants to make it a crime for any fellow representative to introduce gun-control legislation. Republican state Rep. Mike Leara's bill would make it a felony to propose any law that would "further restrict the right of an individual to bear arms." Leara concedes his bill won't pass, but says it's "a matter of principle."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- What's the difference between in- and un-?
Subscribe to the Week