"It's easy to be disgusted" by the Pedestal Stand for iPad ($45) from CTA Digital. But we secretly all want one — at least in one of the bathrooms that guests never see. The designers have addressed all the needs of a bathroom reader: A clip holds the tablet in place securely, and the gooseneck brings the screen in for close viewing. In fact, "the only thing missing is a much-needed splash guard." Maybe the makers can address that concern by next month, when they release the iPotty — an iPad-holding training toilet for toddlers. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week