"It's easy to be disgusted" by the Pedestal Stand for iPad ($45) from CTA Digital. But we secretly all want one — at least in one of the bathrooms that guests never see. The designers have addressed all the needs of a bathroom reader: A clip holds the tablet in place securely, and the gooseneck brings the screen in for close viewing. In fact, "the only thing missing is a much-needed splash guard." Maybe the makers can address that concern by next month, when they release the iPotty — an iPad-holding training toilet for toddlers. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
Subscribe to the Week