n unsuspecting Arby's customer in Asheville, N.C., was wowed recently by a surprisingly long curly fry she found in her meal. The spectacular spud measured a whopping 38 inches — a full four inches longer than the current world record for longest curly fry. The woman, Kim Medford, is looking into submitting the gargantuan fry to the World Record Academy for consideration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week