An unsuspecting Arby's customer in Asheville, N.C., was wowed recently by a surprisingly long curly fry she found in her meal. The spectacular spud measured a whopping 38 inches — a full four inches longer than the current world record for longest curly fry. The woman, Kim Medford, is looking into submitting the gargantuan fry to the World Record Academy for consideration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week