An unsuspecting Arby's customer in Asheville, N.C., was wowed recently by a surprisingly long curly fry she found in her meal. The spectacular spud measured a whopping 38 inches — a full four inches longer than the current world record for longest curly fry. The woman, Kim Medford, is looking into submitting the gargantuan fry to the World Record Academy for consideration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
Subscribe to the Week