An unsuspecting Arby's customer in Asheville, N.C., was wowed recently by a surprisingly long curly fry she found in her meal. The spectacular spud measured a whopping 38 inches — a full four inches longer than the current world record for longest curly fry. The woman, Kim Medford, is looking into submitting the gargantuan fry to the World Record Academy for consideration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week