hen Anthony Brasfield and his girlfriend released a dozen heart-shaped balloons over Florida's Dania Beach, Brasfield was probably hoping his whimsical gesture might win him a kiss. Instead, he ended up getting arrested. After being spotted by a Florida High Patrol trooper, Brasfield was charged under the Florida Air and Water Pollution Control Act with a third-degree felony for "polluting to harm humans, animals, plants, etc."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week