hen Anthony Brasfield and his girlfriend released a dozen heart-shaped balloons over Florida's Dania Beach, Brasfield was probably hoping his whimsical gesture might win him a kiss. Instead, he ended up getting arrested. After being spotted by a Florida High Patrol trooper, Brasfield was charged under the Florida Air and Water Pollution Control Act with a third-degree felony for "polluting to harm humans, animals, plants, etc."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Conspiracy theories spread in the wake of Malaysia Airlines flight disappearance
Subscribe to the Week