n Feb. 22, Sarah Darling dumped the contents of her change purse into Billy Ray Harris' extended cup. Unfortunately, the Kansas City woman had stored her diamond ring in the change purse earlier that day, and it ended up in the homeless man's cup, too. The next day, a worried Darling retraced her steps and found Harris. He gladly handed over the ring. "It seemed like a miracle," Darling said. In turn, Darling and her husband have raised more than $154,000 for Harris.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
Subscribe to the Week