On Feb. 22, Sarah Darling dumped the contents of her change purse into Billy Ray Harris' extended cup. Unfortunately, the Kansas City woman had stored her diamond ring in the change purse earlier that day, and it ended up in the homeless man's cup, too. The next day, a worried Darling retraced her steps and found Harris. He gladly handed over the ring. "It seemed like a miracle," Darling said. In turn, Darling and her husband have raised more than $154,000 for Harris.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week