A Christian mothers' group is complaining that Geico, the car insurance firm, is promoting bestiality. Geico's latest ad features "Maxwell," a talking pig, ignoring the flirtatious advances of a young woman as they sit in a parked car. The group, One Million Moms, said it is "disgusting to see how the company takes lightly the idea of bestiality."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Painting the universe's portrait
Subscribe to the Week