A Christian mothers' group is complaining that Geico, the car insurance firm, is promoting bestiality. Geico's latest ad features "Maxwell," a talking pig, ignoring the flirtatious advances of a young woman as they sit in a parked car. The group, One Million Moms, said it is "disgusting to see how the company takes lightly the idea of bestiality."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week