Christian mothers' group is complaining that Geico, the car insurance firm, is promoting bestiality. Geico's latest ad features "Maxwell," a talking pig, ignoring the flirtatious advances of a young woman as they sit in a parked car. The group, One Million Moms, said it is "disgusting to see how the company takes lightly the idea of bestiality."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week