A Christian mothers' group is complaining that Geico, the car insurance firm, is promoting bestiality. Geico's latest ad features "Maxwell," a talking pig, ignoring the flirtatious advances of a young woman as they sit in a parked car. The group, One Million Moms, said it is "disgusting to see how the company takes lightly the idea of bestiality."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 27, 2014
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week