The Treadwall ($6,950) is a home contraption that "brings the fun of the rock-climbing gym" to any 10-foot-tall room. Grab onto a hold, start climbing, and the panel in front of you will start rolling like a vertical treadmill, creating "a never-ending rock face." If you upgrade to the pro model, you can even tilt the device to create a more challenging climbing angle. Sure, it's a bit discouraging to never get more than a foot off the ground. "On the other hand, you can no longer plummet to your death." Source: TrendHunter
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week