The Treadwall ($6,950) is a home contraption that "brings the fun of the rock-climbing gym" to any 10-foot-tall room. Grab onto a hold, start climbing, and the panel in front of you will start rolling like a vertical treadmill, creating "a never-ending rock face." If you upgrade to the pro model, you can even tilt the device to create a more challenging climbing angle. Sure, it's a bit discouraging to never get more than a foot off the ground. "On the other hand, you can no longer plummet to your death." Source: TrendHunter
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week