The Treadwall ($6,950) is a home contraption that "brings the fun of the rock-climbing gym" to any 10-foot-tall room. Grab onto a hold, start climbing, and the panel in front of you will start rolling like a vertical treadmill, creating "a never-ending rock face." If you upgrade to the pro model, you can even tilt the device to create a more challenging climbing angle. Sure, it's a bit discouraging to never get more than a foot off the ground. "On the other hand, you can no longer plummet to your death." Source: TrendHunter
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- A lesson for America from MH17: Don't arm the Syrian rebels
Subscribe to the Week