The Treadwall ($6,950) is a home contraption that "brings the fun of the rock-climbing gym" to any 10-foot-tall room. Grab onto a hold, start climbing, and the panel in front of you will start rolling like a vertical treadmill, creating "a never-ending rock face." If you upgrade to the pro model, you can even tilt the device to create a more challenging climbing angle. Sure, it's a bit discouraging to never get more than a foot off the ground. "On the other hand, you can no longer plummet to your death." Source: TrendHunter
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week