he Treadwall ($6,950) is a home contraption that "brings the fun of the rock-climbing gym" to any 10-foot-tall room. Grab onto a hold, start climbing, and the panel in front of you will start rolling like a vertical treadmill, creating "a never-ending rock face." If you upgrade to the pro model, you can even tilt the device to create a more challenging climbing angle. Sure, it's a bit discouraging to never get more than a foot off the ground. "On the other hand, you can no longer plummet to your death." Source: TrendHunter
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week