U.S. Interstate 80 in Reno, Nevada, looked awfully grisly after a tractor-trailer crash. But thankfully, the red liquid splattered all over the highway wasn't blood, but nearly 42,000 pounds of Heinz ketchup that the truck had been carrying. "They didn't need any ambulances," says the Associated Press, "but they could have used some fries."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week