U.S. Interstate 80 in Reno, Nevada, looked awfully grisly after a tractor-trailer crash. But thankfully, the red liquid splattered all over the highway wasn't blood, but nearly 42,000 pounds of Heinz ketchup that the truck had been carrying. "They didn't need any ambulances," says the Associated Press, "but they could have used some fries."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week