.S. Interstate 80 in Reno, Nevada, looked awfully grisly after a tractor-trailer crash. But thankfully, the red liquid splattered all over the highway wasn't blood, but nearly 42,000 pounds of Heinz ketchup that the truck had been carrying. "They didn't need any ambulances," says the Associated Press, "but they could have used some fries."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Attack of the invasive species
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week