U.S. Interstate 80 in Reno, Nevada, looked awfully grisly after a tractor-trailer crash. But thankfully, the red liquid splattered all over the highway wasn't blood, but nearly 42,000 pounds of Heinz ketchup that the truck had been carrying. "They didn't need any ambulances," says the Associated Press, "but they could have used some fries."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 5 deliciously creative oats recipes
Subscribe to the Week