.S. Interstate 80 in Reno, Nevada, looked awfully grisly after a tractor-trailer crash. But thankfully, the red liquid splattered all over the highway wasn't blood, but nearly 42,000 pounds of Heinz ketchup that the truck had been carrying. "They didn't need any ambulances," says the Associated Press, "but they could have used some fries."
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Can the budget deal survive a divided Congress?
Subscribe to the Week