hen Michael Julius Anton tried to trademark the phrase "Jesus Surfed," he ran into an awfully surprising roadblock, discovering that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office had already given Italian jeans maker Jesus Jeans a trademark on the word "Jesus." The Italian company says it doesn't object to churches putting "Jesus" on T-shirts, but that Jesus Jeans is willing to fight other clothing brands over "Jesus." No word yet on whether Christ himself is a fan of Jesus Jeans' denim goods.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- The secrets of happy families
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
Subscribe to the Week