hen Michael Julius Anton tried to trademark the phrase "Jesus Surfed," he ran into an awfully surprising roadblock, discovering that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office had already given Italian jeans maker Jesus Jeans a trademark on the word "Jesus." The Italian company says it doesn't object to churches putting "Jesus" on T-shirts, but that Jesus Jeans is willing to fight other clothing brands over "Jesus." No word yet on whether Christ himself is a fan of Jesus Jeans' denim goods.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- The odds are 11 million to 1 that you'll die in a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week