econd-grader Josh Welch's creative eye may have gotten the best of him. On March 1, the 7-year-old Baltimore student was trying to sculpt his morning Pop-Tart into a mountain using his teeth marks, but when he was done, he said the pastry "turned out to be a gun kinda." When a nearby teacher heard the boy say "bang bang" and reported him to authorities, Welch was immediately sent home, his Pop-Tart confiscated, and he was suspended for two days. Officially, the school says the boy was suspended for using food "to make inappropriate gestures."
- Is it possible to live forever?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why stoners should be stoked about Colorado's new weed tax
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week