econd-grader Josh Welch's creative eye may have gotten the best of him. On March 1, the 7-year-old Baltimore student was trying to sculpt his morning Pop-Tart into a mountain using his teeth marks, but when he was done, he said the pastry "turned out to be a gun kinda." When a nearby teacher heard the boy say "bang bang" and reported him to authorities, Welch was immediately sent home, his Pop-Tart confiscated, and he was suspended for two days. Officially, the school says the boy was suspended for using food "to make inappropriate gestures."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week