It may look like a contraption that belongs in Dr. Frankenstein's lab, but the TCA-3 coffee siphon ($160) from Hario makes "the most deeply nuanced" java you'll ever drink. Water is boiled in the lower globe over a butane burner, causing it to rise into the tumbler above, where freshly ground coffee awaits. The grounds should be stirred before the liquid begins trickling downward again. For "everyday caffeine fiends," K-Cups should do; this device is for true devotees. Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week