It may look like a contraption that belongs in Dr. Frankenstein's lab, but the TCA-3 coffee siphon ($160) from Hario makes "the most deeply nuanced" java you'll ever drink. Water is boiled in the lower globe over a butane burner, causing it to rise into the tumbler above, where freshly ground coffee awaits. The grounds should be stirred before the liquid begins trickling downward again. For "everyday caffeine fiends," K-Cups should do; this device is for true devotees. Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
Subscribe to the Week