t may look like a contraption that belongs in Dr. Frankenstein's lab, but the TCA-3 coffee siphon ($160) from Hario makes "the most deeply nuanced" java you'll ever drink. Water is boiled in the lower globe over a butane burner, causing it to rise into the tumbler above, where freshly ground coffee awaits. The grounds should be stirred before the liquid begins trickling downward again. For "everyday caffeine fiends," K-Cups should do; this device is for true devotees. Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week