t may look like a contraption that belongs in Dr. Frankenstein's lab, but the TCA-3 coffee siphon ($160) from Hario makes "the most deeply nuanced" java you'll ever drink. Water is boiled in the lower globe over a butane burner, causing it to rise into the tumbler above, where freshly ground coffee awaits. The grounds should be stirred before the liquid begins trickling downward again. For "everyday caffeine fiends," K-Cups should do; this device is for true devotees. Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week