Two Howard University students are suing for admission to a sorority. Laurin Compton and Lauren Cofield say their "human rights" were violated by the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, which they charge did not admit them because they objected to a hazing ritual in which they were forbidden to wear the colors pink and green. Sorority members, they say, called them "weak bitches."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week