Two Howard University students are suing for admission to a sorority. Laurin Compton and Lauren Cofield say their "human rights" were violated by the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, which they charge did not admit them because they objected to a hazing ritual in which they were forbidden to wear the colors pink and green. Sorority members, they say, called them "weak bitches."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week