The widow of an Indiana man is suing a Catholic church that wouldn't allow his couch-shaped headstone in its graveyard. Shannon Carr says her husband loved nothing more than to sit on his couch watching NASCAR and football. The Rev. Jonathan Meyer, however, said the granite couch was not "an appropriate monument in our historic cemetery."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week