e can imagine the guy who'd buy The Flask ($901). He favors scotch, and believes that one day he might have to take down an Osama bin Laden type before savoring a swig, thus requiring a pocket vessel that can stop a bullet. Fortunately, Macallan Distillers and sunglass giant Oakley collaborated on a flask that wraps a laser-welded steel core with a carbon-fiber composite and aerospace-grade anodized aluminum. Don't tell our guy that it's the scotch that should make him feel indestructible — "not the flask." And don't mention that bin Laden's actual killer carried a simple water bottle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week