We can imagine the guy who'd buy The Flask ($901). He favors scotch, and believes that one day he might have to take down an Osama bin Laden type before savoring a swig, thus requiring a pocket vessel that can stop a bullet. Fortunately, Macallan Distillers and sunglass giant Oakley collaborated on a flask that wraps a laser-welded steel core with a carbon-fiber composite and aerospace-grade anodized aluminum. Don't tell our guy that it's the scotch that should make him feel indestructible — "not the flask." And don't mention that bin Laden's actual killer carried a simple water bottle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week