We can imagine the guy who'd buy The Flask ($901). He favors scotch, and believes that one day he might have to take down an Osama bin Laden type before savoring a swig, thus requiring a pocket vessel that can stop a bullet. Fortunately, Macallan Distillers and sunglass giant Oakley collaborated on a flask that wraps a laser-welded steel core with a carbon-fiber composite and aerospace-grade anodized aluminum. Don't tell our guy that it's the scotch that should make him feel indestructible — "not the flask." And don't mention that bin Laden's actual killer carried a simple water bottle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- California's epic drought
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week