We can imagine the guy who'd buy The Flask ($901). He favors scotch, and believes that one day he might have to take down an Osama bin Laden type before savoring a swig, thus requiring a pocket vessel that can stop a bullet. Fortunately, Macallan Distillers and sunglass giant Oakley collaborated on a flask that wraps a laser-welded steel core with a carbon-fiber composite and aerospace-grade anodized aluminum. Don't tell our guy that it's the scotch that should make him feel indestructible — "not the flask." And don't mention that bin Laden's actual killer carried a simple water bottle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week