We can imagine the guy who'd buy The Flask ($901). He favors scotch, and believes that one day he might have to take down an Osama bin Laden type before savoring a swig, thus requiring a pocket vessel that can stop a bullet. Fortunately, Macallan Distillers and sunglass giant Oakley collaborated on a flask that wraps a laser-welded steel core with a carbon-fiber composite and aerospace-grade anodized aluminum. Don't tell our guy that it's the scotch that should make him feel indestructible — "not the flask." And don't mention that bin Laden's actual killer carried a simple water bottle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week