Iram Leon — a 32-year-old man battling brain cancer — won the 2013 Gusher Marathon in Beaumont, Texas, in 3 hours, 7 minutes, and 35 seconds. All the more impressive: He pushed his 6-year-old daughter, Kiana, in a stroller along the entire 26.2-mile route. "The reason I started running with [Kiana] was because of the cancer. With all that's pending… I don't want to miss a moment with her," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- House hunting: 7 beautiful homes in Georgia
Subscribe to the Week