Iram Leon — a 32-year-old man battling brain cancer — won the 2013 Gusher Marathon in Beaumont, Texas, in 3 hours, 7 minutes, and 35 seconds. All the more impressive: He pushed his 6-year-old daughter, Kiana, in a stroller along the entire 26.2-mile route. "The reason I started running with [Kiana] was because of the cancer. With all that's pending… I don't want to miss a moment with her," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week