Iram Leon — a 32-year-old man battling brain cancer — won the 2013 Gusher Marathon in Beaumont, Texas, in 3 hours, 7 minutes, and 35 seconds. All the more impressive: He pushed his 6-year-old daughter, Kiana, in a stroller along the entire 26.2-mile route. "The reason I started running with [Kiana] was because of the cancer. With all that's pending… I don't want to miss a moment with her," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week