Iram Leon — a 32-year-old man battling brain cancer — won the 2013 Gusher Marathon in Beaumont, Texas, in 3 hours, 7 minutes, and 35 seconds. All the more impressive: He pushed his 6-year-old daughter, Kiana, in a stroller along the entire 26.2-mile route. "The reason I started running with [Kiana] was because of the cancer. With all that's pending… I don't want to miss a moment with her," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week