simple outdoorsman, widely hailed as the "Last American Man" thanks to his rustic approach to life, may be forced to vacate his campground home of 30 years due to building code violations. The Watauga County Planning Department in North Carolina is threatening to condemn the settlement of Eustace Conway, 51, unless he modernizes his outhouses, kitchens, and the wood used in several of his ramshackle structures.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
Subscribe to the Week