A Kentucky teen was charged with disorderly conduct for falsely yelling "bingo" in a bingo hall. District Judge Douglas Grothaus likened 18-year-old Austin Whaley's prank to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, and ordered the teen not to say the word "bingo" for six months. "People take their bingo very seriously," the judge said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week