Kentucky teen was charged with disorderly conduct for falsely yelling "bingo" in a bingo hall. District Judge Douglas Grothaus likened 18-year-old Austin Whaley's prank to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, and ordered the teen not to say the word "bingo" for six months. "People take their bingo very seriously," the judge said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- No, Ukraine is not being run by fascists
Subscribe to the Week