Stop letting your alarm clock cause you to lose sleep. The Lexon Flip ($50) does away with a lot of buttons and their attendant middle-of-the-night worries. You simply flip the clock over to turn the alarm on, then flip it again to shut the alarm off. Only when the alarm is set can you see your wake-up time displayed in the corner of the LCD screen. Should you need further peace of mind, you can always consult the top of the clock, where "big, obvious letters" spell out the word "on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week