The beats per minute that will keep you sweating happily — and more in our collection of surprising facts and figures
The workout tempo "sweet spot," in beats per minute, in which music both reduces exertion and boosts motivation
The BPM of Michael Jackon's "Beat It"
The BPM of Calvin Harris' "Drinking From the Bottle"
Source: The Wall Street Journal
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week