The beats per minute that will keep you sweating happily — and more in our collection of surprising facts and figures
The workout tempo "sweet spot," in beats per minute, in which music both reduces exertion and boosts motivation
The BPM of Michael Jackon's "Beat It"
The BPM of Calvin Harris' "Drinking From the Bottle"
Source: The Wall Street Journal
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week