The beats per minute that will keep you sweating happily — and more in our collection of surprising facts and figures
The workout tempo "sweet spot," in beats per minute, in which music both reduces exertion and boosts motivation
The BPM of Michael Jackon's "Beat It"
The BPM of Calvin Harris' "Drinking From the Bottle"
Source: The Wall Street Journal
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week