The workout tempo "sweet spot," in beats per minute, in which music both reduces exertion and boosts motivation
The BPM of Michael Jackon's "Beat It"
The BPM of Calvin Harris' "Drinking From the Bottle"
Source: The Wall Street Journal
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- A candid look at what went wrong with Mitt Romney's campaign
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- A scientific argument for dressing a little nicer at work
- How sperm could one day cure cancer
- 26 fascinating facts about beer
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
Subscribe to the Week