Looking to enjoy drinks with friends but tired of loud, dimly lit bars? The Pedal Pub takes social drinking "in an entirely new direction — any direction." Invented in the Netherlands, this human-powered party mobile transports up to 17 people, including the driver and someone manning the tap. The wooden barrel up front hides a keg, and an MP3-enabled audio system helps keep the party going. Even the driver gets a personal cup holder, so if you're behind the wheel, "good luck not getting pulled over."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- How Obama inadvertently made an Israeli war with Iran all but inevitable
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week