A New York City mother reportedly purchased a $6.5 million apartment for her 2-year-old daughter, according to a local real estate agent. "She said, well, her daughter was going to go to Columbia, or NYU, and so she needed to be in the center of the city," said the agent. "So I said, 'Oh, how old is your daughter?' And she said: 'Well, she's 2.' And I was just shocked."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week