A New York City mother reportedly purchased a $6.5 million apartment for her 2-year-old daughter, according to a local real estate agent. "She said, well, her daughter was going to go to Columbia, or NYU, and so she needed to be in the center of the city," said the agent. "So I said, 'Oh, how old is your daughter?' And she said: 'Well, she's 2.' And I was just shocked."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week