New York City mother reportedly purchased a $6.5 million apartment for her 2-year-old daughter, according to a local real estate agent. "She said, well, her daughter was going to go to Columbia, or NYU, and so she needed to be in the center of the city," said the agent. "So I said, 'Oh, how old is your daughter?' And she said: 'Well, she's 2.' And I was just shocked."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week