A New York City mother reportedly purchased a $6.5 million apartment for her 2-year-old daughter, according to a local real estate agent. "She said, well, her daughter was going to go to Columbia, or NYU, and so she needed to be in the center of the city," said the agent. "So I said, 'Oh, how old is your daughter?' And she said: 'Well, she's 2.' And I was just shocked."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week