An Ohio kindergartner was suspended for coming to school with a mohawk haircut. The school superintendent said 5-year-old Ethan Clos' hair — which the boy thinks is "cool" — violated prohibitions on "dress or grooming which is disruptive to the educational process." He is requiring Clos to shave off the mohawk before returning to school.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week