n Ohio kindergartner was suspended for coming to school with a mohawk haircut. The school superintendent said 5-year-old Ethan Clos' hair — which the boy thinks is "cool" — violated prohibitions on "dress or grooming which is disruptive to the educational process." He is requiring Clos to shave off the mohawk before returning to school.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week