even years ago, Evie Branan suffered a stroke that put her in a semi-coma. Then, in May 2011, she tumbled out of bed in her Michigan nursing home, hit her head, awoke, and spoke these nine magical words: "I want to go to a Bob Seger concert." Tonight, Branan gets her wish. A limo will pick the 79-year-old up and take her to the performance, which she'll enjoy from the front row. To top it off, she'll get to meet Seger and the band. "I'm going to hug him and give him and great big smooch," Branan told NPR.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week