A California junior high school has amended its dress code to ban leggings for girls, claiming that they can be a classroom distraction. "Leggings have become popular among girls and many are sheer," said the school's principal. "When girls bend in leggings the threads spread and that's when it really becomes a problem."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week