A California junior high school has amended its dress code to ban leggings for girls, claiming that they can be a classroom distraction. "Leggings have become popular among girls and many are sheer," said the school's principal. "When girls bend in leggings the threads spread and that's when it really becomes a problem."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week