A California junior high school has amended its dress code to ban leggings for girls, claiming that they can be a classroom distraction. "Leggings have become popular among girls and many are sheer," said the school's principal. "When girls bend in leggings the threads spread and that's when it really becomes a problem."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week